- Patent Prosecution
- Post-Grant Procedures
- Patent Portfolio Strategy & Management
Vermont Law Office Study
The George Washington University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Physical Chemistry
Western Michigan University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biomedical Sciences, General
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Volunteer and Executive Board Member at ReSET, 2010-Present
- Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, 2001-2010
Clients look to Keegan for his rare combination of patent prosecution and post-grant procedure experience. Keegan helps clients protect and defend their intellectual property assets. His practice concentrates on:
- Patent prosecution that focuses on defensible protection and the advisability of relying upon alternative forms of protection that may be available
- Assisting venture funded companies seeking patent protection
- Patent prosecution strategies for business growth and success
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Procedures including interferences, reexamination proceedings, inter partes reviews (IPR), post-grant reviews, ex parte appeals, and other proceedings before the PTAB.
- Strategic counseling in patent-related matters such as patentability assessments
Dr. Caldwell has an extensive and diverse experience with initial patent prosecution counseling and prosecution of patent applications in the US and abroad. A distinguished veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Keegan’s educational and technical background includes degrees in chemistry and bio-medical science, with notable contributions to research on fuel cells, nano-catalysts, organic synthesis and high-capacity batteries. Keegan also has significant experience in search engine optimization and e-commerce. He is the author of numerous scientific publications in high-impact scientific journals, and continues to present research results both in these journals and at prestigious scientific conferences. Keegan has assisted clients with a broad spectrum of patent issues in the fields of chemistry, biomedical science, software, manufacturing, and electrical and mechanical engineering.
Keegan is particularly knowledgeable with respect to PTAB procedures. His experience working at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in the Central Reexam Unit coupled with his deep patent prosecution experience uniquely positions him to provide valuable insights during a PTAB procedure to help clients win.