Lindsey’s practice concentrates on:
- Preparation and prosecution of international and domestic patent applications
- Assessing of patentability and developing patent protection strategies for business growth and success
- Assisting with Patent Trial and Appeal Board Procedures, including interferences, reexamination proceedings, inter partes reviews (IPR), post-grant reviews, ex parte appeals, and other proceedings before the PTAB
- Invention harvesting and trade secret analysis
- Merger and acquisition advice and strategy
Lindsey Doncost is an Attorney in the Intellectual Property Practice Group of the Santa Monica office of Caldwell. Lindsey guides clients in protecting their innovative ideas by providing quality strategic patent counseling. Lindsey has handled patent matters for various types of clients, from start-ups to universities to Fortune 100 companies. She has extensive experience in risk management and provides trusted advisement in maximizing patent portfolio value, such as developing nine-figure patent portfolios in six months. Lindsey counsels start-up clients through IP due diligence 8 and 9 figure funding events.
She specializes in a variety of technologies, including imaging devices, mobile structures, weapon systems, computer architecture, e-commerce, human resources, fiber optics, mobile payments, electrical circuits, medical devices, mechanical devices, microprocessors, superconductors, semiconductors, security hardware and protocols, wireless communications, biotechnology, genomics, and therapeutics.
She received her degree in physics with a focus in particle physics from the University of California, Davis. While obtaining her degree, she trained in dosimetry for diagnostic radiology and assisted with the quality assurance of medical devices such as linear accelerators (LINACs), computerized tomography (CT) scanners, and gamma knives.