Micah T. Drayton represents clients in all phases of patent prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. His practices include:
- Intellectual property business strategy counseling
- Invention harvesting and trade secret analysis
- Patent drafting and prosecution
- Merger and acquisition advice and strategy
- Litigation planning and preparation
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Procedures including interferences, reexamination proceedings, inter partes reviews (IPR), post-grant reviews, ex parte appeals, and other proceedings before the PTAB.
Mr. Drayton has guided the prosecution of multiple clients’ patent portfolios from initial brainstorming to multimillion dollar valuations by analyzing their engineering products, identifying advantageous inventions, and securing patent protection for those inventions. Mr. Drayton also advises clients on enforcement, licensing, and monetization of patent portfolios. Several of Mr. Drayton’s clients have received valuations in excess of one billion dollars largely on the basis of patents gained through Mr. Drayton’s services. Mr. Drayton has prepared and prosecuted applications in technology areas including aeronautics, analog, digital, and photonic circuit design, biotechnology, polymer analysis and synthesis, machine learning, natural language processing, computer security and cryptography, blockchain and non-fungible token (NFT) technology, network communication, cloud computing and SAAS, bioinformatics, internet-of-things engineering, radio frequency communication, analog and digital power regulation, medical imaging, automated manufacturing, and wearable electronic devices.
Mr. Drayton has an extensive academic and professional technical background in software engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and physics.