Michael Rizzuto’s trademark practice focuses on developing trademark portfolios with an eye toward monetization. Michael has extensive experience helping both businesses and individual trademark owners take smart risks, while keeping in mind the monetization goals of the client. Michael understands that the impact of a brand does not begin and end with just a trademark registration, but that there are many facets involved in trademark practice and successful branding and IP portfolio monetization.
Michael focuses on:
- Initial trademark and tradename counseling
- Development and management of trademark portfolios
- Resolving conflicts over disputed marks and names
- Establishing and enforcing rights of trademarks used on the Internet
- Litigating opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
Michael received his Bachelors Degrees from Western Michigan University in Criminal Justice and Sociology. While attending WMU, Michael worked in the restaurant industry and as a graphic designer and photographer, working with clients from all over the world to improve their brand image. Michael is currently in his final year of law school and is an active member in his school’s Moot Court and Mock Trial programs. When not studying or researching designs for clients, Michael likes to run and ride mountain bike trails with his kids.